Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Because I didn't have enough to do...

I decided to get a calligraphy kit to start learning how to do some very basic calligraphy. I thought it would be a nice thing to be able to do, and I need a cheap-ish hobby to keep me busy. I am also working on a stuffed toy for a friend with my sewing. Since people have seen the elephant I made for F's sister's baby, there have suddenly been a lot of adults informing me that they too need stuffed animals. I am currently getting ready to start on a Chicago Bears colored teddy bear for MH. Having sewing or whatnot to keep me busy means I am less likely to sit on the couch and eat because I have nothing else to do with my hands, so I think that a lot of people may get stuffed toys for Christmas! (get your orders in early :))

No real developments on the wedding front... we have made arrangements to meet with BF's friends who will read the service for us in October while we are home for Christmas, so that is mostly taken care of, and I am currently working getting room blocks for people in Chattanooga, since the wedding is in prime leaf time, and I know they book up early. We are getting excited about coming home for Christmas, but we should have a nice Thanksgiving at MH's house this year, and I am going to my very first Black Friday... should be fun!

No comments: